Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Wicked - Defying Gravity

A couple of my students wanted to sing a song from the Broadway musical Wicked. I had never heard of it but wanted them to be able to have the chance to do what they wanted so I started researching. Then I kind of became obsessed. I love the premise, the music, and how clean it is. Its a really cool story. Anyway, this is one of my favorite pieces from it. Its called defying gravity. Not the best recording, but you get the idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5Z-1tcLwlc

3 comments:

Beluga said...

you know you'd love a big drooling dog all over your house!! hehehe

Beluga said...

Jessica and Danny!!! So, Trish is arriving at the Gulfport, MS airport at 8:07pm, it is about 1 hour west of us and you drive right by it on your way here.

sooo, I was wonderig if on your way here you want to stop by and pick up Trish? You would just have to be ready to leave your place by 5pm...and I know you work that day. But let me know, if its too tight we can pick her up, its just so awesome bc it is right on your way.

I am so excited - aren't you???

WOOHOO! Its gonna be SO much fun!

Beluga said...

oh the date is March 20th, Friday. She leaves April 3rd, Friday at 3:00 p.m.