Sunday, June 6, 2010

SUMMER!!!!!!

I LOVE summer time!! Time seems to slow down and Life seems simpler. Its also nice not having to deal with crazy kids all day every day :) This summer is pretty busy but we are REALLY hoping to go to AZ like July 10 through the 19th. We were pretty sure it was gonna happen until we had to drop like 700 bucks for 4 brand new tires. Oh the joys of owning an SUV...I actually love it, but not the expensive tires part. Last week and this week we are trying to finish up the remodel of our house so we can put it up on the market. it is slow going. especially with the crown molding!!! I officially despise crown molding! lol IF we ever buy a house that needs remodeling again (which will not happen) we will make sure that we have the money for professionals to come in and take care of EVERYTHING before we even move in so there will be no remodeling while we live there. Plain and simple.

Other things happening this summer...My brother is getting married July 1st and we are all looking forward to that. He and his fiance Felicia are very happy and super cute together :) We are all going to Houston for the wedding so hopefully we will be able to pop by a Fiesta Mart and pick up some delicious Mexican food!! LOVE IT! Then most of July I have flagline camp. You see, I was stupid this year and said okay to being flagline sponsor at our high school! WOW! How many times to I have to fill my plate way Way WAY overflowing before I will learn to say NO!? Oh well. Hopefully I can whip them into shape so that next year someone can take over a great team that is self sustaining. :)

Changing the subject, Church was really awesome today! Our testimony meeting was so spiritual! We had two babies blessed and many wonderful testimonies borne. It has been a while since I felt the spirit giving me personal instruction. Plus the young women were bearing their testimonies about girl's camp last week because the bishop challenged them to. These young women are truly remarkable! They are so stalwart and so close to the spirit. I know what the leaders mean when they talk about the rising generation. They truly get better and better. That meeting was just what the (spiritual) doctor ordered. Then in Sunday School we talked about Samuel and how we all NEED to work to know what God's will is for us and we need to work to achieve His will for us. Very Powerful. And the Relief Society lesson was based off of Julie B. Beck's talk "Mother's who Know" I really enjoy Sister Beck's talks and this is one of my favorites. I ALWAYS feel thoroughly humbled yet uplifted after reading it and I want to be better.

I know I concentrate on the subject of infertility a lot, but it plagues me almost everyday. I have found on some days my testimony wavers because I think, "Haven't I done what I am supposed to do? I was a righteous young woman who found a wonderful priesthood holder to be sealed to for eternity. I got my education and am now inspiring young minds to be productive citizens....Where is my blessing of children?...Is it not a righteous desire? What else do I need to do to prove my worth?...... Buts its not about worth is it?

Recently, I was studying the barren women of the scriptures. Mainly Hannah, Elizabeth, and Sariah. All three of them were amazing women. Faithful and stalwart and dealing with infertility MUCH longer than I have. It doesn't say they were mad at God. No, in fact Hannah goes to the temple often and prays fervently and meekly. And from these women came mighty men of God! They each had GREAT work to do. Now I am definitely not saying Daniel and I might have a prophet waiting for us in the pre mortal existence....not anything even remotely like that, but I am saying I will strive to be more like Hannah and Elizabeth and Sariah of the bible. They were incredible women who were barren for a LONG time. But did they feel sorry for themselves? Probably not. Did they pout and think that God was giving them unjust punishment? I seriously doubt it. If I want to be a faithful daughter of God, I will look forward with faith, hope, and charity.

No comments: