Thursday, September 4, 2008

Post Hurricane

Hurricane Gustav wasn't bad in this area. Everyone was very worried. Especially my family. We received SEVERAL phone calls telling us to get our bohonkusses out of here. We weren't sure whether to evacuate at all for the storm, but after praying about it, and considering those phone calls we prepared our home (boarding up windows, digging trenches, ALL the laundry, covering all electronics, etc...) packed up all of our animals (good thing we had some good drugs to keep our cats calm) and evacuated Saturday night. Its a good thing we did it then because Sunday a mandatory evacuation was ordered and then the roads were packed and the traffic was horrible, or so I have been told. Anyway, we were safe in Leesville playing video games the whole time. LOL I have never played so many video games in my life, but we were having fun with Super Smash Brothers Brawl, Old school Bomberman, and stuff like that. We also helped my mom get her house prepared. But we never lost power thankfully, because its always EXTRA hot and HUMID after a hurricane and its not cool with no power. No pun intended.

So yeah we were just having fun hangin out and then I recieved a call from one of my friends at work. She said there is no school until Monday!!! Woo Hoo. I asked her why, she said there was no power in Acadia Parish and no way to get gasoline and still a ton of tornado warnings. But Daniel has to go back to school today so we had to come home yesterday in the midst of all of that to find our home actually does have power and you can get gas! YEA! We just have some cleaning up in the yard to do. Too bad we can't mow our grass now because it REALLY REALLY needs it. Anyway, I am just totally grateful that this storm wasn't as bad as everyone was making it out to be. I took a couple of pics.
Daniel covered our stump with dirt and now we have a mound :)

2 comments:

Kevin and Crystal Whitlock said...

I'm so glad you guys were safe. Also it's great it wasn't as bad as it could have been. Well we love you!

Roya said...

I'm glad to hear the damage was minimal - TWC made it sound like Lafayette got hit really hard - you guys are still in Lafayette, right? :) Glad to hear you are okay - miss you!