Sunday, February 24, 2008

The calm weekend

Because I am a music teacher in a rural community, I drive all over the place to give children a music education. To give you an idea of how much I drive, we just bought a brand new car the day before Thanksgiving. When we bought it, it had 25 miles on it and now it has almost twelve thousand! Granted about 3,000 of those are from going to AZ, that's A LOT of driving! So, with no real plans for the weekend during the workweek, I was looking forward to a quiet weekend of no driving and just hangin' out with my honey. HA! Friday night we went out to eat at Wingstop (which is one of our favorites #1 because instead of getting the drinks there we go to the smoothie place next door and get an AWESOME smoothie. and #2 Because Daniel enjoyed this place in AZ called Long Wongs, and he says this place comes as close to that as you can get. So when we are finished eating there, we decide it would be fun to go see my family. Keep in mind, these people live 2 and a half hours away and we would only be there until Saturday evening because we had to come back for church in our ward. So, we decided what the heck! And went for it. My family was surprised when we showed up at 8:30. But they were happy to see us, and we played games and talked until the wee hours of the morning when finally our eyes would no longer stay open and our sentences were incoherent! The next day, we found out that my family was going to the baptism of a close friend in Alexandria (which is halfway between my family and where we live) Haha, I had brought a dress just in case something like this happened, but the only pants I brought for Daniel were khaki cargo's that he said didn't fit him. So he wore his jeans from the day before and off we went. We thought we were going to be late, but made it just in time for it to begin and were welcomed so warmly, we forgot what Daniel was wearing. And it turns out Daniel got to play an active role in this little girl's baptism. While she was being baptized, her father asked him to be one of the witnesses. And then during her confirmation, Daniel stood in the circle! It was a really wonderful experience. The spirit was very strong and Daniel was touched! (It's probably weird but, I love it when he cries from feeling the spirit!) So then a quick stop to Books a Million and we were off to home. So, at eleven o'clock last night I began preparing not only my lesson for my class, but I also had the Sharing time lesson today. By the way, Sugardoodle is AWESOME!
This morning went smoothly, but we were five minutes late for church (as usual) and I had to leave sacrament meeting early to go prepare for sharing time. I was praying like crazy that it would go smoothly and the kids would get something out of it. And it went REALLY well. I could not believe how reverent those children were! It was SO CUTE! I think it might have something to do with the flu season. (There were a lot of kids missing) :) But it was fun. I loved seeing those cute little faces so eager for their turn to come choose something! Man, I can't wait till I can have my own! Oh, by the way Kelly, if you read this, I have made an appointment with an endocrinologist! Don't worry... I'm totally excited. Maybe we'll get the ball rolling on this whole baby business. I guess I'll sign out now. Daniel says this is like 12 blogs in one! Haha maybe so. Maybe I do have something to say after all!

4 comments:

The Curiel's said...

Yay, I'm glad y'all started up a blog! Yeah, I thought it was going to be hard, too...but it's not! Good hearing from you...WE LOVE YOU!

Beluga said...

Hey there - The Coolest...which you totally are. I have been meaning to call you about your appt. but didn't want to be overbearing about your personal life. I am so glad you made an appt and so glad you have a blog!! I'm gonna email the pic I took of you and Danny with the makeup on and you look so beauuuteeeeeefuuul! I want to go camping for my b -day, you down?

Kevin and Crystal Whitlock said...

You guys are so awsome! Sounds like alot of fun. Im glad your sharing time went well. I just had to do it a month ago and I was beat red the whole time. (Im not a good public speaker). I hope everything goes well at your appt. My little boy will want lots of cousins.

Crystal

Sheena said...

YEAH YEAH YEAH!!! You have a blog!! This is such a fun way to keep in contact with each other and with pictures and everything :-) We love you guys!!!