Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day Weekend

I hope everyone's Mother's Day was Fantastic! Ours was good. We went to Leesville to be with my Mom. And because we are buying a house, we have no money so we did not get her a present. Instead, we told her we would do anything she wanted us to do (AKA slave labor. lol)...well, we were outside all day on Saturday trimming trees and digging them up to move them. As well as trimming down all of her WILD HUGE SPIKY dew berry bushes and all other weeds in the yard. We also put in some hoses and pipes...and set up a pool. Now we have sore muscles and sunburnt bods. Well, Daniel isn't sunburnt, (Dang Mexican genes) But I am totally lobsterfied on my back. Its not so fun, but atleast I have a head start on a nice tan this year. (Meaning maybe I'll actually get some color). And now my Mom's yard/garden is clean and beautiful and ready to produce lots of organic fruits and veggies for us to pig out on! Woo Hoo!

P.S. This house thing isn't going as fast as we thought, and hopefully we will be done with closing by the 19th (before Kevin and Crystal get here). But we are not sure yet. Let's pray!

4 comments:

Beluga said...

We just closed on our house - its such a rollercoaster. We start the flooring this Saturday and move in on Monday then y'all come out on Tuesday. WHEW! CANNOT WAIT TO SEE YOU!!!

Kevin and Crystal Whitlock said...

Hey sounds like a good way to spend mothers day good hard labor. Hey I just wanted to know how much crap do you think we can cram into your car? We really want to bring the stroler but I dont know if it will fit in your trunk. Since we will have... Us, the baby in a careseat, two suite cases, one carry on bag, a diper bag... and hopefully a stroler. Let me know what you think. It would be nice to have because the carseat is heavy to lug around by itself. Only 5 DAYS!!! I can't wait I need a break from all the stress here.

Love ya,
Creepy

Beluga said...

Did you make it to New Orleans okay? How did it all go - I wished we could have gone...

Beluga said...

Almost done painting our bedroom and the office.
We installed the curtains in our room, put up the printer shelf above the computer desk and mounted the shelf above our bed.
I put away tons of clothes. It was like putting away a thousand loads of laundry - my least favorite thing to do. Especially since now I have half the closet space and need a much bigger dresser!
Rauls clothes are going in the guest room which I remodeled a bit and tidied up.
I AM SO glad we had the house for y'all our apt would have been a squeeeze! I found my camera charger, yup in my car the entire time!!! GRR! Well at leat now I can take pics of the puppies - so cute.
Just let us know when you are moved in and we will come out when Raul has a weekend off. Either late on a Friday or early on a Saturday. The puppies should all be gone by the end of June so that will make it easier for us to come out.