Tuesday, August 12, 2008

*Pulling Hair Out and Making Crazy Faces*

Ummm..where do I begin. Yeah, sorry its been so long since I posted anything. Our lives are SUPER stressful at the moment. We are coping well, but I can't wait for some of it to be over. Like our house. It is in TERRIBLE condition right now. We are all jammed in one room with everything surrounding us so there is barely room to breathe. The contractor said he may not be able to come until Saturday to finish. So we are stuck like this with clothes EVERYWHERE and ceiling fans EVERYWHERE and no walking space, and dust that just won't come up. *sigh* It will all be over soon.
In the meantime, I have begun school. Yesterday was my first day and I found out that I am going to be shared between two parishes. If you don't know what that means, just know that I will have to be doing A LOT more driving, scheduling is going to be a nightmare, and I am finishing the biggest part of my LaTaap this semester. In order to continue teaching, I must do well on that.

Daniel is doing fine with his job. School starts the last week of August for him, but he should do fine. He passed Calc. II!!!!! We are really excited about that! But he is having to drive back and forth from Lafayette, so that means more driving for both of us, which means (unless gas prices go down) we need another car to replace the Mazda. It just doesn't get good enough gas mileage, not to mention all its other problems.

And just to top it all off, our dogs came home with fleas. It is definitely our fault. We forgot to put stuff on them before we left, but COME ON! (For those of you who are Arrested Development lovers, that was said in Gob style) I hate fleas. If you don't take care of them fast enough, you never get rid of them. So we are doping our animals up tonight with TONS of flea medicine so that it doesn't become a problem. That would be just a perfect little addition to our situation.

Anyway, there are actually good things going on right now too (Its just sometimes hard to notice them). We have received lots of rain so my plants look good. (The outside ones atleast. Those that are inside have been decimated by our omnivorous felines.) Other good things? hmmmm...Raul and Kelly are coming this weekend. Although I'm a little stressed about that because we have nowhere for them to sleep or eat or do anything else. But its still good. Lets see, Jonathan will come to live with us soon. That will be fun.
what else....(jeopardy song)

I am sure there are other good things , I just can't think of them right now. And I have to go give Trogdor a bath so have a good night. Hopefully I will post happy things soon.

6 comments:

Beluga said...

loved the Gob gesture and the jeopardy song - overall a very entertaining post!

We will be fine - member I used to live in a car - your house will be more than ok :)

fleas suck!

Sheena said...

Haha Kelly when you look at it that way it doesn't seem so bad. But good job Jessica for looking at the positive side. And holy holy moly I had the WORLDS CRAZIEST dream this afternoon that I got in a full on brawl with you, daniel, aaron and jill and then I felt really bad and you were trying to talk to me and see what was wrong. It was so strange! Well I am glad we are lovers not fighters :)

Beluga said...

So - we are leaving around 1-2pmish. So we should be there by Supper - what are you feeding us?
JK
lets go see Tropic Thunder and get some good Louisiana food. We are not stark broke this time - though I am sure we will all be thrifty. At least we can actually DO some stuff with you this weekend!
Woohoo
AND I'm seeing my therapist tonight so I should be well behaved this weekend...Danny don't worry :)

Sheena said...

Kelly not on her best behavior...I know of no such Kelly!!

So Jessica do you still have Chalalala? How is she doing with your dogs? Any better? I am taking a shot in the dark and guessing no. Lol. I want to cut my hair but I know I would not be happy after I did it...when are you going to cut your hair it would be SOOOOO CUTE!!!

Beluga said...

LOOKIE
EatLafayette
Jun 16 - Aug 15
EatLafayette is a celebration showcasing the restaurants that make Acadiana culture so appetizing. Dining enthusiasts will enjoy discounts and specials at each of the featured locations.
Lafayette
337-232-3737/800-346-1958, www.EatLafayette.com

Delcambre Shrimp Festival
Aug 13-17
Live music, shrimp cook-off, queen's pageant, fais-do-do, food carnival rides, blessing of fleet and more.
Shrimp Festival Grounds, Delcambre
337-685-2653, www.shrimpfestival.net

Le Cajun French Music Festival and Awards Show
Aug 14-16
The Le Cajun Awards and Festival is a unique three-day event that features an awards ceremony honoring the best in Cajun music and Cajun musicians and includes a two-day dance festival with award winning Cajun bands providing the music. Vermilionville and Blackham Coliseum, Lafayette
337-232-3737/800-346-1958, www.cajunfrenchmusic.org

Beluga said...

OK- we need to make a video of Trogdor to the song Trogdor -HILARIOUS