Monday, June 9, 2008

Life has been CRAZY!

Oh my! This is supposed to be summer vacation! This isn't vacation! I wanna go back to Alabama! That's vacation. So yeah, our lives have been pretty wild. The day after we got back from vacation I met a new dog and fell in love. She was so sweet and in such bad condition, I had to take care of her. So I brought her home (where no animals, not even fish, are allowed) and then brought her to the vet. He said she is nine or ten and in pretty good health. So we gave her all her shots and flea meds and now she is ours for sure. She has actually ended up to be one of the BEST dogs I have ever had. Perfectly potty trained. Super sweet, doesn't bark Too much, likes to go on walks and doesn't pull on the leash! Incredible. So now we REALLY can't wait to get into our house because we are illegal in our apartment. Everytime we take her out we have to go outside first to make sure no one is out there. We are like the mission impossible team (which is kinda fun, but stressful too).

My niece just turned five on Friday! So we went to her birthday party on Saturday and then went to see Kung Fu Panda afterwards (which is REALLY cute and funnier than I thought it would be) Then we came home so we could go to Stake conference in Baton Rouge yestaerday which was totally AWESIOME! We had Elder Christofferson of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles come and speak to us! The spirit was so strong, I just loved it. (Daniel fell asleep during one of the talks and had a nightmare so he jerked really hard when he woke up and like everyone around us saw him! Then he started laughing uncontrollably because he was imagining what he looked like. It was really funny.)

Anyway, on top of that we have been trying to close on our house and it looks like it will actually happen this week! Which is really exciting. So we are getting all the utilities turned on this week...lots of moolah. The sellers have allowed us to begin moving stuff already so we started yesterday (after stake conference, which I don't know about y'all, but I always want to take a nice long nap after conferences) and on the way over there, Daniel's tire got totally thrashed so we have to take care of that too. But we are totally pumped! We will have our own house! YEA!

BTW we are so happy for Kevin and Crystal! The Lord really does answer prayers!

2 comments:

Beluga said...

Everything hits the fan at once. Oh my gosh - I wish I was there when Daniel did that and then started giggling. Oh my goodness-how funny!! Love it!

Let us know how we can help - Raul has Friday and Saturdays off this week. Well - he gets home at 6am on Fridays after a night shift- so he really has 1/2 of Friday. Then Sun is a 24 hours shift. So basically in June we have Saturdays.

Anywho - July might be better.
:)

Teresa said...

Hey Jessica congrats on the house. Lots of Love TEresa