Sunday, March 9, 2008

"Delightful" Adventures

I am part of this choir called Red River Chorale. We meet every Monday night at 7:00 in Alexandria which is about an hour and a half away from where I live. I know, that is far. But it is worth it because the conductor is my old college professor. He is AMAZING. And it is so much fun to get to work with him again. My sister Shannan is also in the choir, so we get to see more of each other. (I love singing with her! She's so amazing, she should be a professional) So we had a performance this weekend. We did Faure's Requiem with an orchestra (which also had some college professors in it). And it was quite "delightful" as my childhood BFF kept repeating. (I love you Sondra D.) We had a really wonderful Soprano soloist: Araianna Zukerman from Washington D.C. come and perform with us. She was my hero! Of course I will never sound like that (its just not in the genes) but its fun to imagine. Leading up to the performance we had a couple of rehearsals close to each other...one Friday night, one Saturday morning and then the performance was Saturday night. After the rehearsal Saturday morning my sister Shannan and I decided to hang out (AKA...shop)! We went several places and then to PetSmart. All of their winter clothes are 75% off so I had to get some outfits for Trogdor. I also got him a collar! Its so cute! And then we went home (to Leesville). And it turns out, I had some time to play with Trogdor before we had to get ready and go...what a fun day!
After the performance Saturday night we all went out to eat (Johnny Carino's) and had a great time! And then began the trek home to Lafayette. Once we got home I began to prepare my Primary lesson. But it was getting really late and so I decided I would finish up in the morning. I woke up at 7 for last minute preparations and Daniel woke up at 8:15. We left around 8:50 which means we were going to be late and Daniel cannot stand being late EVER! So he was driving like a maniac trying to destroy our new car the whole way there. And...we were still late! But we still expected to take sacrament. Well, when we walked in it was weird, there was somebody speaking (like a talk). So we asked this couple next to us if they had already done sacrament. They said yes, they did it at 9. I said, but church begins at 9 and we only got here a couple minutes late and then they told us, yeah its daylight savings time. It was already 10:00! Hahaha. We had no idea! And the best part is, after sacrament meeting, Daniel was joking with the missionaries and said "Why didn't you call us and tell us it was daylight savings time!?" And the elder said... "What are you talking about? I did!" (Daniel totally thought he was joking) But when we got home and checked our messages, sure enough...the missionaries had called and reminded us! How great is that!? Oh well, at least I didn't miss my Primary class!

2 comments:

Beluga said...

That is SOO funny ~ I totally understand where you are coming from, esp. being from AZ. I am anti-day light saving - its of no use to use in these modern days :)

Fun story - glad you posted it. Can't wait to see you!

Beluga said...

I know - I know! Everytime I think about it I go into a mini-cardiac arrest!!!! It's gonna be the night before so soon and that'll be intense!