Monday, March 3, 2008

A New Addition!


Okay I don't know if you know this, but Daniel is ABSOLUTELY not a dog person. He loves cats...can't get enough of them. But doesn't do dogs. Well, my sister got this Lhasa Apso several weeks ago and hasn't sold him because he was sick. After MANY vet visits he is just at the tail end of his very bad bout of bronchitis plus other things. The vet told my sister that letting the puppy go outside a lot is good for his lungs so she lets him out every chance she gets. He is TINY and very low to the ground so he gets his hair in all sorts of things in his adventures. This makes for a VERY stinky puppy. (Not to mention the antibiotics give him diahrrea.)Well, Daniel had not seen this puppy until last Saturday. We rode to the petshop (my family owns) together on some borrowed bicycles and then went to work cleaning the snake cages. He got to hold the snakes while I emptied out old bedding, cleaned the tank, and put in new bedding and fresh water. After we were done with that, I went into the fish room to fill up some tanks that the water had evaporated out of. When I was finished I was ready to go home but couldn't find Daniel. So I went outside to get the bike and I cannot tell you how surprised I was to find Daniel playing on the ground with this very stinky fluffball. It was love at first sight. Daniel could not resist. I don't understand how, but this little guy has won the heart of the most stubborn man alive! He should be better within the next few weeks and once we find a place that allows animals we will be taking him with us. By the Way...His name is Trogdor conqueror of the heart of stone!
Isn't he just the cutest little thing!?

1 comment:

Beluga said...

That would be Danny's dogs name :)