Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Is there a good kind of disaster?

This weekend was VERY eventful. Not that we had a lot planned, its just everything we did ended up in disaster. (The good kind) So, Friday night was good, and Saturday morning was BEAUTIFUL and kinda windy so I took my nieces (and my new puppy) to fly a kite in the field next to my mother's house. We were having a good time and things were going well, so I let my seven-year-old niece fly the kite by herself. Well, the wind picked up and blew the handle right out of her hand! And you know how kites are supposed to fall if you let go of the handle, that didn't happen. So this kite flew all the way across the field and over some power lines. Then the handle got stuck around these power lines and we thought we would get the kite when the wind died down, until the kite went across the street and got stuck in those power lines! It was quite a sight. I figured it was dangerous so I had my sister call the electric company and they came to get it down. They said it was very dangerous! That was enough kite-flying for one day.

So, then we were going to a movie (Whorton hears a who) The rest of my family got in, but Daniel and I went to get some snacks and by the time we returned, it was sold out. We went home and decided to wash our car. Then, as Daniel was pulling the hose to the car...he pulled the water pipe right out of the ground! Water was spurting everywhere! HAHAHA So we had to fix that and then (as it was getting dark) we finally got to clean our car. Upon waking up in the morning, we went out to see how good of a job we did...and it was covered in pollen! Whew. Who knew disasters could be so fun...

BTW the wind is blowing so hard right now! It is AMAZING! All the schools I went to today were losing power! Cool, huh?

2 comments:

Beluga said...

Thats fun and wacky!

Sheena said...

That's is crazy! We thought we were going to miss Horton Hears a Who because we stopped to get candy too but it was only 18% full and we were running with the kids to get there, it was fun