Thursday, March 13, 2008

He really is Superman!

We had some friends over for dinner last night. As part of dinner we had Tangelos. Daniel and I thought we had bought enough for everyone to have one and then two left over for us for later, but we miscounted and more people showed up than expected, so there were just enough. Which was good, but I was a little sad. (Tangelos are one of my favorite fruits!) But everyone enjoyed them. Now these friends have not had time to get close to us. We barely know them, so they are not the kind of friends who will just wave it off if you get in a fight in front of them... and while they were here Daniel and I got into a little spat. (I don't know if this ever happens to other people but sometimes when a situation is new, both Daniel and I will act weird. Like I will start talking a lot and get kind of hyper, and Daniel will make funny faces and be kind of loud.) So, I did not think it was a huge deal, I knew we were both acting like lunatics. I mean, my feelings were hurt, but I wanted to enjoy the evening so I tried not to make a big deal about it. Well, after the couple left (who by the way were very nice, and if they don't think we are too weird we want to get to know them better) I began cleaning up and we were talking about our evening and how things went. So that's when Daniel started talking about how mean he had been and kind of apologizing. I forgave him and we went to bed.
This morning he was still apologizing for the way he treated me last night and I told him it was okay, that I loved him. Well, I came home today to one of the biggest and sweetest surprises since we have been married. I opened the door and there on the table is this beautiful orchid with a note at the base.
Aren't they gorgeous!?
Here is what the note said...






I was totally stunned, I had no idea why this man had bought me flowers and I thought, "Oh how sweet he unloaded the dishwasher too!? This is too much." So I looked in the dishwasher and this is what I found...



A clean dishwasher and...Another note! This note was in his neatest handwriting telling me he put a lot of thought and effort into it. And in it, he told me he loved me, was very sorry for the way he acted last night and that he would also try to make it up to me. I was overwhelmed. I didn't even think he needed to apologize and here he was promising to make amends...I admit I was so overwhelmed with love and gratitude to my Heavenly Father for blessing me with this incredible man, I started to cry. Then I saw at the bottom of the note..."P.S. there's something in the fridge for you." So I opened the fridge and what do you think I found?






Tangelos!
One for me, one for Daniel, and one for lunch tomorrow.

I can't believe how thoughtful my husband is! I could never be that creative or thoughtful! I WISH! So anyway, I know I am the luckiest girl in the world! And I just wanted y'all to be let in on my Super scavenger hunt of sweetness!

4 comments:

Beluga said...

WOW - He just upstaged all our hubbies - they need to TAKE NOTES!

Now I want a tangelo!

Kevin and Crystal Whitlock said...

What a stud. He really loves you alot. GO Daniel!

Beluga said...

call me :) - about camping trip

Sheena said...

WOW yes that is so so sweet!! For Adam to do that would be a miracle, seriously don't the little things mean so much. And I LOVE tangelos too, my absolute fav! Way to go Daniel!!!!